Grass Valley Advisory Board
Monday, September 30, 2019
Attending Board Members: Board members: Linda Workman, Kim Klemish, Tish Barringer & Paul Schlehr.
- Meeting Called to Order: 7:00 PM
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- The August minutes were approved as submitted.
- Public Input: Residents from Harry/Anthony area were present regarding the “squatters” that have moved into the area. Fran our code enforcer, is aware as she has to have a sheriff present with her. They want to know how the power is being turned on. These people are living on the property with wells that are not functioning etc. Fran has touched basis with some and they have documentation as to purchasing the property and she is working with them. Sherriff Allen took the addresses and was going to follow up with Fran. Roger brought up that with the weather the crickets are gone. He also brought up the puncture vine and how they are being spreaded by the 4 wheelers. Roger also brought up the amount of litter coming from Humboldt County and was inquiring about the fine in Pershing County and if it could be raised. He spoke with Bryce and Bryce had told him that it is a misdemeanor only. Roger was also asking to set aside an area for the used pallets rather than burning them with the branches etc. Also, if there could be an area set aside for used mowers etc. so that you could trade used stuff. It was also discussed that maybe a sticker or something like that was in place for Pershing County residents for the dump.
- Update from Paul Schlehr from discussion at the last County Commissioner meeting: Paul said that the road dept. has been doing a lot on the roads. Paul said that the zip code has not been discussed at the last meeting. Paul shared about getting a zip code for our area. Some of the cattle free area fencing has been back up by Logan Road.
- Update from County Commissioner: Commissioner Shank said that Commissioner Rackley has been out to look at the fencing and is working on getting a quote for repairs. Carol said that she was told that you cannot get a zip code unless we have a post office is what she’s been told. Carol has met with Cortez-Masto, Rosen and Congressman Ameodai, and is working with them regarding a zip code. Carol asked about what roads were bad of weeds. The residents said all roads. The road dept. is buying some spray that will kill the area sprayed. It was also brought up about covering your load to the dump so it can’t blow off. Carol said that they are working on this in Lovelock and can put up signs for this area as well.
- Sheriff’s Office – Report & update: Sherriff Allen advised us of the reserve that had passed away that was going to help out here. He has been doing interviews. Sherriff Allen spoke briefly about the gun laws as Humboldt County had the Town Hall Meeting. Sherriff Allen has a lot of issues with the Red Flag Law. He spoke of issues and what he can and cannot do. Sherriff Allen also spoke of the huge turnover. Sherriff Allen gave an update of Burning Man & the contracts etc.
- Public Input – Tori asked about a house on MCNeil and how when the wind blows their trash blows in her yard and it’s just going all over the area. Fran has been advised of the problem. Sherriff Allen said that with the dog calls he knows it’s been posted on Facebook and that has been very helpful to finding the pets owners quickly. Tori said that there isn’t anything posted on the Grass Valley webpage like the other pages and maybe we can post more. There was a discussion about the ground squirrels that maybe there wasn’t as many due to the crickets this year?
- Adjournment. The meeting adjourned at 7:56 PM and please display your house numbers!
Secretary, Grass Valley Advisory Board