Grass Valley Advisory Board
Monday, August 26th, 2019
Attending Board Members: Board members: Linda Workman, Kim Klemish, Tish Barringer & Paul Schlehr.
- Meeting Called to Order: 7:00 PM
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- The July minutes were approved as submitted.
- Public Input: Tish let us know that she is a notary and said that she would get a book and a stamp out here and be able to offer the service. A resident asked about who to contct regarding the house across the way from her, as it looks as if there are any vehicles that are piling up. Judy Poche spoke about the mormon cricket problem and about baiting as they have done on their property. She had spoke with Mr Knight, as they had worked with him in the past. They have not sprayed BLM and its hard to bait the private as its checkerboarded and hard to do and said that they don’t have the help. Judy is working on contacting more people to get them involved as next year is probably going to be worse.
- Update from Paul Schlehr from discussion at the last County Commissioner meeting: Paul said that the zip code is being discussed. Carol has been speaking with Mr. Amodai’s office. A resident asked if the weeds were going to be knocked down on the sides of the roads? Paul said that was not discussed.
- Update from County Commissioner: Commissioner Rackley stated that the road department will be back out they just had to wait for the weather as there is always a chance for spark. Mr. Rackley advised us that we are losing Deputy Reed. Jack Pardick had taken Mr. Rackley out to look at the fence that has been damaged for the cattle fence for the cattle free zoning. He believes there’s approx 20 miles of fence. He also spoke briefly about the mormon crickets. Larry also mentioned that Carol was working with Mr Amodai’s office on the zip code. Don asked if he knew who sprayed around the trees as they are probably dead this time. Kenny asked if the commissioners were considering doing away with the cattle free zone and how people were hitting the cattle often on Grass Valley Road and went over the background of getting the cattle free zone done.
- Sheriff’s Office – Report & update: Sherriff Allen confirmed that we are losing Deputy Reed and also another Deputy, which will leave him 4 down. They are hiring if anyone is interested. Deputy Sims is a reserve and has been riding along in the area to help out. Nicholson is assigned out here for now. Sherriff Allen has been covering nights at the jail to help out. Sherriff Allen said they are in the start of Burning Man as there are 60,000 people so far.
- Public Input – Kim brought up the transfer sight as its been bad again. I’ve tried to call Hoss and they don’t even answer the phone, Sheriff Allen also said they have had a hard time getting a hold of Hoss as well. Kenny gave Commissioner Rackley a number for Quinten Boyles that builds fence. Paul brought tickets for the American Legion that he has to sell. See Paul for details.
- Adjournment. The meeting adjourned at 7:48 PM and please display your house numbers!
Secretary, Grass Valley Advisory Board