Grass Valley Advisory Board
Monday, April 29, 2019
Attending Board Members: Board members: Sean Burke, Kim Klemish, Tish Barringer & Paul Schlehr.
- Meeting Called to Order: 7:00 PM
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- The March minutes were approved as submitted.
- Public Input: The transfer site was discussed, as its been better but still is an ongoing issue. Grass Valley Road was discussed about when it might be repaved – it didn’t make the budget so hopefully next year. The condition of Muddy Road was brought up as well. Sean mentioned the Clean up day that Fran was able to put together with Mitch for the Grass Valley Area. We had flyers available with the information for the clean up day.
- Update from Paul Schlehr from discussion at the last County Commissioner meeting: Paul was not able to attend.
- Update from County Commissioner: Commissioner Rackley spoke that they have had good comments lately for the transfer site and spoke of the burn area. The Road dept has been out to patch a little and grading work has been done. They have sprayed in hope s of staying ahead of the weeds. He also spoke more about Grass Valley Road. A citizen asked about a road clean up day (picking up the garbage) Sean said that there hasn’t been interest, however if we have interest we can schedule a Community Clean up day. Sean was going to check with the church as well as they have done areas in the past. Commissioner Rackley introduced our Pershing County Justice of the Peace, Karen Stephens, was in attendance tonight.
- Sheriff’s Office – Report & update: No Report
- Fire Department – Report & Update: Sean stated that its been a fairly quiet fire season so far. We have had a small structure fire related to the hot water heater. The home owner was great and was able to turn the gas off etc. Sean reminded us that a clean house doesn’t burn as much as one that has a lot of dust etc. As far as wildland fires, there’s a lot of fuel so we are expecting an active season. Cletus said a big Thank you to Sean and the department as they have done an outstanding job.
- Guest Speaker: RSVP (Retired Senior Volunteer Program) Services – Skip Becker spoke about the program and everything that it offers. There are brochures available describing the programs and volunteer opportunities. Skip introduced the Field Representative, Kate Preist and she also spoke of the program services and volunteering.
- Public Input. We reminded everyone to sign in. Sean spoke about the Winnemucca Grange and they will be having meetings at the Community Center and what the program is offering. Sean spoke that Linda was not in attendance tonight as her husband Jimmy has passed and asked us to keep her in our thoughts and prayers.
- Adjournment. The meeting adjourned at 7:56 PM and please display your house numbers!
Secretary, Grass Valley Advisory Board