Attending Board Members: Board members: Sean Burke, Linda Workman, Kim Klemish, Tish Barringer & Paul Schlehr.
- Meeting Called to Order: 7:00 PM
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- The October minutes were approved as submitted.
- Public Input: Herchell road is deteriorating with all of the weather& signage missing Muddy & Grass Valley has been knocked over & needs to be put back up. Sean advised that we will not be having a December meeting due to the holidays. Kim brought up that the transfer sight has been cleaned up and was empty and looking great. Good job!
- 2019 events – We had Turkey Bingo, with a great turnout over 40+ people and great support from Dutchman Acre Water Company and Garrett Van Diest Inc for the raffle donation. We are asking the community as to what events they would like to see held. The Town Hall was brought up and will be scheduled for the Spring. The Craft Fair has been brought up, discussed and discussed. Rummage Sale was also discussed. With the amount of work for these events and to not have the participation/or customers might not be worth the event for now. A Beer Fest/September Fest might be something new/fun and was discussed. Turkey Shoot was mentioned that they are looking at doing through the church. It was brought up about the old Community Center and why it hasn’t been opened? We explained about the floors not being able to support the freezers etc. We discussed the Beer Fest again, chilli cook off, possibly a dutch oven cook off ,possibly August? We will continue Turkey Bingo in November. Any other issues in the Grass Valley area? We have tackled the road issues along with the cattle free zone, etc – what are other concerns in the area? The cattle were mentioned again. The fence was also brought up. Once other Commissioners were gone there wasn’t a maint plan to keep the fence in good shape. The condition of Grass Valley Road was brought up as well. The weeds were brought up. They weeds were out of control this past season. Some areas were sprayed.
- Update from Paul Schlehr from discussion at the last County Commissioner meeting: Paul was not able to attend.
- Update from County Commissioner: Commissioner Rackley spoke about the burn area and possibly fencing the area. He also spoke about the cattle free zone fence and they had someone to make repairs but that fell through. He said they are looking at the prisoners to help do it. Sean asked if the County had funding for the fencing. Commissioner Rackley stated that they do not have funds specified for the fencing. Sean asked about the price per mile for the fencing. It was brought up that anywhere from $3,000 – $5,000 even currently up to $8000 per mile. If the County goes with a contractor they need to be licensed and have 3 bids. Roger brought up bringing the cattle owner to be responsible 2-3 times the amount of damage from cattle and some history of the process of such. Roger also brought up about the open range and grazing. Commissioner Rackley spoke of the Solar Farm in the Oreana Area and another one proposed on the Planning & Building agenda. A property owner is inquiring about wanting to grow medical marijuana on her property in Imlay. Bryce Shields, our DA was able to communicate with her regarding the resolutions not to allow marijuana growth were in place before she purchased her property. The Geothermal plant has purchased it and found a way to purchase power but after testing found out that the temp is not good enough to produce the power. The solar plant will not have storage at this time but can add it.
- Sheriff’s Office – Report & update: Sherriff not able to attend.
- Fire Department – Report & Update: Has been a quiet year. Sean spoke about safety pointers for candles – handed out a flyer etc. Be careful of placement of candles etc. Candles are a bad combination with oxygen. Be aware of placement within a foot around them.
- Public Input. None
- Adjournment. The meeting adjourned at 7:55 PM and please display your house numbers!
Secretary, Grass Valley Advisory Board