Attending Board Members: Board members: Kim Klemish, Linda Workman, Tish Barringer & Paul Schlehr.
- Meeting Called to Order: 7:00 PM
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- The July minutes were approved as submitted.
- Public Input: Tracy Guinn introduced herself as the voter registar for our area. Early voting is Saturday October 27, 2018 at the Community Center from 10AM-2PM. General election is November 6th from 7AM-7PM. Kim brought up that a couple residents that are not at the meeting had called concering the weeds in the area. Kim had spoke with Dan in the Road Department and he has been out in the area and working on the weeds. Kim also spoke with John with buildings and grounds regarding the weeds around the Community Center. He said that he didn’t have a date, but would get it scheduled soon. Tori, a resident asked about Herschel. The Humboldt County side has just been redone and NDOT is the one that did it, why wouldn’t they do the Pershing County side as well? Larry Rackley replied that the only reason he could think of was that maybe the roads were not built to state specs, but wasn’t sure. Tracy was going to check on this as she works with NDOT. Maybe the County had made a deal with NDOT. Tish has spoke with Rob McDougal in the past regarding the Hoss Disposal trucks driving too fast on the roads. Sherriff Allen said that he would let his deputies know and keep an eye out for them.
2.5 Barbara Rackley gave a quick introduction on who she is and that she is running for School Board Seat C.
- Craft Fair update. Cancelled event due to not enough vendors. Possible event in April 2019.
- Update from Paul Schlehr from discussion at the last County Commissioner meeting. Paul was not able to attend.
- Update from County Commissioners. Larry Rackley said that Dan has started mowing on the sides and that they have to be careful still as the sheet grass and it being so dry. Landfill is going better, the burn area is going well also. Tori, a resident asked if there is anything/anywhere to take old trailers etc? What can we do with them to clean up the area? Bryce advised residents to call Fran at the DA’s office as she has some contacts that might be able to help. Bryce also stated that there are a few other candidates present himself, and Judge Stephens and Sherriff Allen running unopposed.
- Sheriff’s Office Report & Update. Deputys has been up here for more traffic enforcement with school starting trying to keep the kids safe. Sherriff Allen also spoke about the weeds and he said that he would get with John and get the inmates out here soon. Burning man is going.
- Fire Department Report & Update. Sean is at Burning man. No update.
- Public Input: A resident was asking about tv commercials regarding the politics. Is there someone/somewhere to look to get the truth? Everyone just advised to research them and research their voting record. Tori asked if displaying house numbers is a law. Bryce said he would look into it.
- Adjournment. The meeting adjourned at 7:28 PM and please display your house numbers!