Attending Board Members: Board members: Sean Burke, Kim Klemish, Tish Barringer & Paul Schlehr.
- Meeting Called to Order: 7:00 PM
- a.Pledge of Allegiance.
- The January minutes were approved as submitted.
- There were 12 residents and 4 Board Members present for the Feb. meeting
- Public Input: Tracy Guinn, voter registrar – left registration forms in case someone needs to register to vote, can also register online. Early voting is May 26 through June 8th. Primary is June 12th. The General is November 6th, 2018. The Community Center will be open from 7AM-7PM for the Primary, June 12th and for the General on November 6th. Tracy is waiting to hear on what dates will be at the Community Center for early voting and will let us know. Sean reminded everyone of Candidates night on May 21st.
- Update from last Commissioner meeting – Paul updated us on the last County Commission meeting that the speed limit was going to be discussed by the Marvel Ranch in South Grass Valley. This was tabled until the next meeting so the Marvels could be there. Sean advised us that the County Commissioners were going to name the Community Center in the memorial of Annette Stripe; this will be done at the meeting March 24th at 9AM. We will be getting new signs, etc. Another topic that was discussed was burning yard debris. The commissioners are talking about it, fencing and trying to make sure it’s just yard debris and not other items.
4.Sheriff’s Report & Update. Glen Reed updated us, that they are looking at getting the mobile radar in the Dutchman Acre area, around Katrina and the Grass Valley area. There have been complaints about speeding, etc.
- Fire Department Report & Update. Sean updated…No fires yet this year, however lots of medical calls. Please get your numbers on your house as numbers are not sequential on the area and can make it difficult to locate addresses. Paul also advised that GPS unit are not very accurate in our area as well.
- Update from County Commissioners. Carol Shank was on her way, however turned around at Imlay because of the weather. So unfortunately was not able to make it. Sean reminded us that the Town Hall meeting is Saturday, March 24, 2018 at 9Am. The Fire dept will either have a BBQ or spaghetti feed following the meeting. May 21st is Candidates Night. Candidate’s night will allow us to meet some of the candidates for the upcoming election. August 4th will be the Craft Fair. November 16th will be Turkey Bingo.
- Guest Speaker – Fran Machado, our Pershing County Code Enforcer. Due to the Weather Fran was not able to make it to our meeting. We will reschedule with her. Sean asked if there were specific questions for her that we could pass along. Nothing was brought up.
- Public Input. Tish asked about Grass Valley Road, if it had been scheduled to be repaired. Sean said it was discussed, but has not been scheduled as of yet. Judy Poche asked about the mormon crickets and baiting. Kim mentioned that we do have an application for anyone interested in wanting bait for their personal property. Grasshoppers and ground squirrels were also brought up. Ron Swetna brought up the condition of Muddy Road. Asked if we knew when they were going to make repairs, as the sides are potholes again. Tori Apperson asked if the County was grading Poleline Rd. Sean advised that is a right of way access and we do not know of any plans to grade there. Paul thanked Sean for putting on the CPR class at the last meeting and Sean thanked Don Stripe for coming down and shoveling the snow at the Community Center and putting up the signs for our meetings.
- Adjournment. The meeting adjourned at 7:27 PM.
- Please display your house numbers.
Secretary, Grass Valley Advisory Board