Grass Valley Advisory Board
Monday, November 27, 2017
Attending Board Members: Board members: Sean Burke, Kim Klemish, Linda Workman, Tish Barringer & Paul Schlehr.
- Meeting Called to Order: 7:00 PM
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- The October minutes were approved as submitted.
- Public Input: Chris Klemish asked about the on-going dump problems about being full and such a mess all of the time. Sean brought up the possibility of opening a burning pit to help with the debris possibly. The Commissioner, Rob McDougal said that it unfortunately is an ongoing problem, with only 2 companies to choose from there is not a lot of choice. Mitch is always communicating with the company to try and have them do a better job and that the site is picked up. Paul also stated that the bins had been emptied however there was still all the garbage in front of them. Roger Richards also spoke on how to educate the residents on what to dump. Jimmy Workman asked if anything ever came about Muddy Road having lines on the Road. Commissioner, Rob McDougal said that if it’s not a state road he didn’t think it had to be stripped. Sean made a note to follow up.
- Introduction of New Board Members:
- Paul Schlehr & Tish Barringer.
- Future Events or Speakers for next year & Are we having a December Meeting?
- Turkey Bingo – was a great success, great turnout. Would like to Thank everyone for our donations and Sherriff Allen as he was our Bingo caller.
- Future events – Candidates Night/Town Hall Meeting/Craft Fair/Turkey Bingo/State election night/ Etc.
- Speakers – Ira Hansen, Don Gufaston, Govenor, Todd Plimpton, Karen Stephens, CEO HGH, WMCA Domestic Violence, Drug task force, The Bug Guy, Horticulturist, etc.
- Voted No December meeting.
- Sheriff’s Report & Update: No update available. He was at EMT Class.
- Fire Department Report & Update: Paul had Commissioner Rob McDougal present a plaque of appreciation to our volunteer fire department. Sean accepted on behalf of the Fire Dept. Sean is looking for new members to join the department. Spoke about the structure fire that was a total loss. Sad circumstance and explained using heat lamps. Also spoke about water supply. He also advised everyone about smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detector. If you don’t have any please get a hold of the fire department and he will help get you situated.
- Public Input: Chris Klemish brought up people moving out in this area and living in their travel trailers. Do we know the rule of how long they can live in them, as it brings the property value’s down? Sean stated 180 days if you have a permit, Rob McDougal said as long as you have a permit they can stay in them and can get an extension as long as you can show progress. Roger Richards is asking Sherriff Allen to bring the speed monitoring trailer out to Sonoma Ranch. Commissioner Rob McDougal said that Sherriff Allen is looking into getting them working with batteries, etc. A resident asked about being Grandfathered in with code enforcement and what that means. Sean spoke about being grandfathered as to what it means. Sean will ask at the next Commissioner meeting. Commissioner, Rob McDougal asked that someone with the Grass Valley Board attend the second meeting of the month, as they also have a commissioner at our meetings. Paul Schlehr volunteered to meet that obligation.
- Adjournment. The meeting adjourned at 7:58 PM and please displays your house numbers.
Secretary, Grass Valley Advisory Board